#21 Kroric

Kroric

King of the North

• Administrators
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationNorth of The Wall

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

PAGE 20

This is the last page we have so far. I will update when we get more.

couple things

Cooler bracket finished and painted, ready for permanent mounting.

Posted Image

Toyota factory open lug nuts to fit my OEM wheel/ARP extended stud combo.

Posted Image

BRAKES

RS master cylinder, proportioning valves, and lines

This kit will delete the ABS unit and free up some space  against the firewall for my 12V battery. Upon inspecting the brake lines (which are OEM with 144k miles), I noticed a few wear spots. That will not do, so I got some SS braided lines as well. I also ordered some rebuilt calipers from detective coating in a similar silver/black color scheme. Given the history of this vehicle, I thought it best to not cut corners on the brake system.

Posted Image

CONTROLLER MOUNT & ABS DELETE

A contrast of textures. Using only iron for the mount would have allowed for welds instead of hardware, but to keep it lightweight I used a combination of aluminum and iron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Firewall looking bare with ABS deleted. RS master cylinder and lines installed. Couldn't find tq specs for proportioning valves :confused:

Posted Image

12v mount

Extensive bracket arrangement including 4 mounting points and 2 retention bar anchor points.

Posted Image

Painted and installed. It supports 4 100Ah LiFePO4 cells secured by a non-conductive plastic retention bar. Barely visible underneath is an engine harness block off plate I fabricated on the firewall, also painted black.

Posted Image

A Brief Return to Resurrection Mode

My front sub frame has some damage and distortion. I'm not sure if it's from the collision or just the result of abuse and 144k rough miles. I've been on the lookout for a replacement and one just happened to pop up on ebay recently. I grabbed it.

Yanked the old unit out.

Posted Image

New one arrived, needs some cleaning.

Posted Image

After noticing some bent metal on the old subframe, I also purchased a new rear tranny mount base, peace of mind really.

Posted Image

I thought it's time to address all the bushings in the subframe. Steering rack, sway bar, control arm, ball joints and tie rod ends are all being replaced with whiteline or energy suspension offerings.

Posted Image

More Freshness

Posted Image

Control Arms Getting Some Attention

Whiteline inner bushings, roll center adjusted ball joints, and energy suspension rear bushings going in.

Before

Posted Image

During

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

END OF PAGE 20

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX //// 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart //// 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS //// 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5

#22 mopar_man

mopar_man

Redneck

• The Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationCorbin, KY

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

That is a cool project that is way above my knowledge. I'll just stay back in the stone age with my Dinosaur powered vehicles. LOL
It seems the Nissan Leaf vehicles are great for donor swap into another vehicle. Jay Leno is doing one of those to a 1911~or so Detroit Electric Car. It was on his YouTube Channel awhile ago.
I'm a Redneck and proud of it!

https://www.youtube.com/user/d4070

1964 Impala
1977 Charger SE T-Top
1977 Cordoba 360
1977 Cordoba 400
1979 C10
1985 K15                                                                                                                                                                                        
1976 Charger SE  Posted Image 1985 C10  Posted Image1995 Neon  Posted Image2005 Ram 1500  Posted Image
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways, bruised, cut and totally worn out screaming "Holy Shit, What A Ride!!!!"

#23 Prototype007

Prototype007

Kystreets Champion!

• Administrators
  • 10,365 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In Neveda

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:23 AM

Holy detailed thread!

Glad he listed the weights of the parts!  Good future reference stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/josephflynn007
09 335i | 95 Tercel | 79 Malibu | 92 Protégé DX
96 Tercel | 93 Tercel | 93 Seirra | 92 D21 4x4

Money can take you far, but respect can't be replaced

View PostRunninPlaya, on 02 May 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

After you make your pass, give it to joe to see what it's really capable of.

#24 drummerdawg

drummerdawg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,716 posts
  • LocationDirty South

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

Damn
2014 Sierra SLT DBL Cab / 2005 Acura RSX Type S / 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder Turbo / 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatch

nocoolname @ Nov 17 2008, 06:25 PM

I'd suck a fart out of her ass and take it like a bong hit!

#25 Billy Madison

Billy Madison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

"smells like hair gel and fist bumpin"

My favorite quote.
83' Rx-7
07' 350Z- The Expensive Soon to be Ex-Girlfriend

#26 Kroric

Kroric

King of the North

• Administrators
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

Yea its an awesome build. I cant wait to see this thing running though.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX //// 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart //// 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS //// 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5

#27 Kroric

Kroric

King of the North

• Administrators
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

PAGE 21

much cleaner

Everything cleaned up and a fresh coat of paint applied to sway bar and sub-frame.
Polyurethane steering rack and sway bar bushings installed along with white line tie-rod ends and a new rear mount.
All bolts torqued to spec.

Posted Image

cable and terminations for motor & contactor

Refocusing my efforts on the motor bay. It should really start to look like something soon. 4/0 cables for motor-controller and 2/0 cables for controller-contactor-traction pack. The cables contain a soft copper conductor and are double wrapped with irradiated cross-linked elastomer insulation and a jacket to provide shielding for reduced noise. They are international safety orange, indicating high voltage. These cables are specifically designed for vehicle use. UL rates them to 1000v, although I'll only subject them to a measly 400v at most.

Posted Image

more things

Calipers from detective coating showed up, these are completely rebuilt. New brackets, pins, pads, and braided lines accompanying them. They are very nice to behold.

Posted Image

Cool shot of the EXRAD jacket on the 2/0 wire. I fumbled one of the motor cables, otherwise I'd be posting a picture of the motor all wired up :crap:

Posted Image

Things
under the hood are starting to take shape.

Posted Image

Motor side
shot of the cabling and revised controller/contactor box mount. Mount is now bolted to cross-member via vertical support.

Posted Image

Looks like an Evo
from the outside.

Posted Image

END OF PAGE 21

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users